Friday 10 August 2012

Cover FX pressed foundation and primer review




So in my last post I talked about the Cover Fx liquid foundation on the same day I also purchased the Cover FX pressed mineral foundation (in M40 I am NC20 in Mac) which she suggested I used as not only a setting powder but too also warm my face up if my body was getting a bit of a tan.  I was not even looking for a powder as for years have also been loyal to my Benefit get even powder which helps reduces redness which is my main skin concern. However, once she applied this over the Cover FX foundation it gave me a totally airbrushed look which I was super impressed with how it interacted with the foundation.  It is also on the pricey side at £31 (not sure what I was thinking when I thought that was a reasonable price for a powder) but so far have used it every day and loved it. Again the packaging feels cheap and I haven’t put it in my handbag for fear of the powder smashing which when I have paid that price I can’t afford to let happen.


The make-up artist also gave me a sample of  the Cover FX BritePrep FX which contains an SPF 50 but yet feels so light on the skin that it doesn’t feel like you are wearing sun block. It retails for £23, I haven’t finished my little sample yet but am tempted to purchase this to complete my Cover FX routine and purely for is skin benefits which will help prevent premature ageing as my moisturizer only contains an SPF 15.

Lastly I also tired the Cover FX cream foundation which comes in a round pot. It provides the fullest coverage I have ever seen in a foundation the only reason I didn’t go with this one was due to the way it needed to be applied with a brush and blended in which to be seemed more time consuming that a liquid that I was used to. It also had a less natural finish however, it is defiantly something that I am hoping to add to my collection at some stage as think it is actual a unique product. 

 This could well be by new favourite brand for my make-up routine base but will keep you updated.  For those of you who have stayed with me this far thank you!   

Hope everyone has a good weekend here in the UK it looks set to be hot hot hot although I hope I haven't just jinxed it!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried any Cover FX, might be missing out here. Great post!

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...