Saturday 15 February 2014

Clarins Pure and Radiant Mask Review...



I used to have a bathroom full of skin care add on's such as masks, spritzers, spot gels ect... Lately I have gone right back to basics with a face wash and mostriser and my skin hadn't seemed to kick up much of a fuss about it for the first month or so. After that the spots started to appear and I succumbed to the fact that I had become lazy with my skin care routine. I switched from a cheap Clean and Clear face wash to a Clarins one and also upped the price of my basic mostriser (Maybe i'm a skin care snob but things like Simple face wash always brings me out in under the skin bumps/spots!)

Next came the need for a mask... I browsed the aisles in Boots and couldn't pick one so I ended up using this sample of  Clarins Pure and Radiant Mask, this is aimed at people with oily to combination skin even though I don't suffer from oiliness I assumed it would help unclog any blocked pores. The colour of this mask is a  very light pink (Probably due to the pink clay) and is very un-offending in colour or smell. It's light weight making it sit comfortably on the skin and you almost forget you have it on (if you don't keeping looking in the mirror at it like me). I slapped it on liberally and waited for 10 minutes (you can opt for 5-10mins but I went for the whole hog) for the magic to happen and to give it time to impress me...

In that 10 minutes...
continually looked in the mirror to see if it was lifting the dirt out of my pores..
Took a few snapps to send to friends of me looking daft...
Made a cup of tea...
and looked at myself in the mirror some more (all these steps are optional)

10 minutes later....
The mask dries on your face and when removing with warm water with a cloth it comes away easily. My face felt soft and fully clean unlike many masks it didn't leave a glow to my skin but a soft focus matte finish we I actually liked having thought I was all about the glow. I have faily high pigmentation in my skin and masks can often make my face look red but this hasn't happened with the mask in fact is seems to have soothed my skin and any spots I had.

 My nose is my problem area with blackheads...It seems to have lifted my blackheads almost in a way they are more prominent as if it had tried to clean them but was not poweful enought too pull them from my pores so I slapped on a nose strip (those incredibly satisfying things) and waited if the strip would extract more than normal....Yuck it did help to extract those pesky blackheads.

1 day later...
My skin has felt a lot dryer but this I guess could also be the fact the heating is now officially on in our house. I still absolute love Clarins products but not sure I would buy the full size of this.

Which face mask would you recommend?


2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've heard about this product, good to know!
    Lovely blog btw :)
    www.laviedelore.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...