Sunday 23 February 2014

Muji Hinoki Wood Tin Candle Review...


You know your getting a little older when you start becoming an candle fanatic. I lust over Diptyque candles, Neom and Jo Malone candles all the time on blogs however, they just really aren't in my price range right now. My normal go to candle brand is Yankee and they are still my favorite.

I was in MUJI when I spotted their tin candles, a friend of mine had recommended the log fire scent which I will also do a review of, they are only £3.50 so I felt justified with picking another one up which was Hinoki Wood.  It's more masculine than all the other candles I own however, if a woody scent was to be feminine it would be this candle it has a sweetness to it which is probably why I was still drawn to it. It is woody and sweet but it's not over powering and it done in a delicate way. Hinoki is a native Japanese tree often found in the really picturesque parts of Kyoto which has been on the top of my travel list for ages.

The scent pay off is not huge but maybe this is because i'm used to the very sickly scented candles of the Yankee kind. If you want something to just subtle scent the room but not be over powering in any way then this is certainly a good choice with a fantastic price. I'm also a real fan of the simple packing which complements my white and light grey bedroom.

What non-high end candles do you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to look in Muji for candles! Thanks for the post :)

    Rachel [at] AMomentInTime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds really nice!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...